D-Tools has announced the availability of the newest version of its SI software platform, SI 2016. D-Tools is a provider of data-driven system integration software.
The upgraded release has over 50 new productivity features and enhancements intended to make it faster and easier for integrators, consultants, tech managers and systems designers to perform tasks including estimation, system design and project management.
According to D-Tools, SI 2016 has improvements in every functional area including integrations with SupplyStream and QuickBooks Online and purchase order management. It also has improvements for reporting, scheduling and Mobile Install.
SI 2016 is now available as an upgrade for existing customers. It will be provided at no cost for customers participating in the D-Tools Software Assurance program.
“This latest release of D-Tools System Integrator—SI 2016— adds important new features and moves the platform significantly closer to an enterprise level end-to-end solution,” Randy Stearns, CEO of D-Tools, said in a statement.
“Importantly, D-Tools continues to strengthen its relationships with other best-of-breed software providers. We are particularly excited about our partnership with SupplyStream through which actual dealer cost and real-time product availability is accessible to D-Tools users directly from our Data Library. A deeper integration with the QuickBooks family of products eliminates redundancy, thereby improving efficiency.”
“Lastly, we continue to make improvements to critical workflow processes such as purchasing, scheduling, timekeeping, field management, drawings and more. Collectively, these product enhancements streamline the operations of any integrator regardless of size or specialty,” he finished.
The new features of SI 2016 include:
- Search SupplyStream product catalog from within D-Tools SI 2016
- See your actual cost and real-time product availability (requires SupplyStream account, free to D-Tools customers)
QuickBooks Online Integration
- Sync D-Tools product catalog with QuickBooks
- Send estimates and purchase orders directly to QuickBooks Online
- Sync vendors when creating items in QuickBooks Online
- Create and issue purchase orders from within a D-Tools project
- Order items for multiple projects and for stock on the same P.O.
- New D-Tools vendor portal facilitates communication between vendor and integrator
- Items received are updated in the D-Tools project’s order tracking log
Tasks and Scheduling
- Timeline view added to calendar
- Add/edit business hours to the schedule
- Mobile Install enhancements
- Time Sheets – track and export time entries to payroll software
- Add site items to install tasks and service orders
- Send notifications when work order or service order tasks are completed
- Off-page reference capabilities for schematic drawings in Visio
- Show coverage area for cameras, motion detectors and WAPs
- New cable tray shapes facilitate design and layout of equipment rooms
Dynamic Price Calculator
- Enables price calculations based on specified project costs – i.e., freight costs as a percentage of total equipment cost, or project management cost as a percentage of total field labor
- Ability to re-arrange the order of items in a proposal
- Four new client reports – Company Profile, Line Item Detail (Discount and Net Price), Line Item Detail (Unit Price and Total Price) and Product Details
- Checklist with Install Status
- New Report Definitions