Connected Design is pleased to announce a new awards program commending the best-designed technology and products that the Smart Home industry has to offer. The 2019 Design and Architecture in Smart Home Awards are now open and accepting nominations. Products and software solutions submitted for consideration in the awards program should meet the following criteria, which will be judged by an esteemed panel of experts from the custom integration and design and architecture communities:
- Aesthetic appeal
- Emotional appeal
- Design innovation
- Innovative use of a novel technology
- Visionary solution that will stand the test of time
- Solves a unique challenge faced by end users and/or design and technology professionals
- Value and usability within the home
- Practicality of the product
- Functionality that meshes well with the design
Submissions for 2019 Design and Architecture in Smart Home Awards will be open from July 23, 2019 through August 16, 2019 at 5pm Pacific.
Winners will be announced formally on Wednesday, September 11th, 2019, and they will be featured in the Winter 2019 Digital Issue of Connected Design and on the Connected Design website.
More details on the panel of judges and the final list of nominated products will follow.